For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. - Hebrews 3:4
KLF's Operation Backyard is a year-round program that provides free home repair services for those with limited-income, those who are elderly, and those who are disabled. Operation Backyard utilizes volunteers to provide much-needed home repairs to homeowners across the Knoxville area. Not only do the homeowners have the opportunity to receive home repairs, but volunteer teams have the opportunity to serve within their city.
1. Share God's love and growing in relationship with others in the community.
2. Repair homes by painting, fixing roofs, and providing exterior accessibility solutions.
3. Train youth and adult volunteers to serve others through restoring homes.
4. Create team building opportunities for groups of individuals.
1. Weekday Work Projects: Groups of individuals of any age or size can sign up for a home repair project during the week.*
2. Weekend Work Projects: Groups of individuals of any age or size can sign up for a home repair project for a full or partial weekend.*
3. Crew Chief: Operation Backyard is always looking for passionate, skilled, construction-minded individuals to lead work groups through projects.
4. Summer Youth Camp: Operation Backyard hosts a summer camp for youth grades 6th through 12th from local and out-of-town churches. Youth and adult leaders serve the Knoxville community during the day, return to the church for showers and dinner, and finish the night with worship and small group sessions. Operation Backyard Youth Camp is an incredible time for spiritual growth for all, as well as a great week to serve many homeowners across Knoxville.
*Church groups, work groups and school groups are common, but Operation Backyard welcomes any group willing to volunteer.
Homeowners who wish to to receive minor home repairs from KLF's Operation Backyard program must meet guidelines based on their income, location and the scope of work needed. Contact us for more information at (865) 524-2774 or email@example.com.
Tenants who rent in Knoxville City limits may be eligible to receive a handicap accessible ramp from KLF's Operation Backyard program. Renters must meet guidelines based on their income, location and the scope of work needed. Contact us at (865) 524-2774 or firstname.lastname@example.org.